Lead R&D Engineer at Fondation Artanim
May 2020 – current
Leading our team of researchers and developers in our various projects. Setting out long-term R&D strategies.
Relevant activities include but are not limited to:
- Research lead on:
- Lead designer and developer on the Synthetic Factory.
- Developer on:
- The session management backend, ticketing integration and client check-in app used at Dreamscape Geneva.
Senior R&D Engineer at Fondation Artanim
Aug 2018 – May 2020
- Research lead on the Horizon 2020 project VR-Together.
- Development lead for Avenergy Hololens demo.
- Development lead on CycloVR, a VR experience aiming to gamify physical rehabilitation.
- Developer on various tech around the Geneva 1850 experience.
Senior Software Developer at OZWE Games
April 2016 – July 2018
- Developer on Anshar Online, a cross-platform and cross play VR MMO Space Shooter for Oculus Go, Oculus Rift and Gear VR. Designed and developed the .Net server-side game engine and its tooling.
- Developer on Anshar Wars 2. A VR Space Shooter for Gear VR and Oculus Rift.
Senior Researcher at Fondation Artanim
Dec 2012 – Jan 2016
- R&D lead on Taylormatic. A Unity3D based garment customization platform.
- Developer on Real Virtuality. The VR platform combining HMDs and mocap which ultimately became the tech behind Dreamscape Immersive.
- R&D of a PBD approach to the physical simulation of muscle elongation.
- Developer on a series of touch-screen based games for the “Faites comme chez nous” exhibit at the Natural History Museum of Geneva.
Research Assistant at University of Geneva
Oct 2006 – Sep 2012
- Research into the CUDA-based implementation of physics based garment simulation software.
- Development of a real-time virtual fashion platform, Virtual Try On.
- Maintenance of and support for in-house VR/AR engine VHD++
- Contributing author to several EU and Swiss National research proposals.
- Lab representative in EU funded research projects SERVIVE and 3DLife.
- Member of 3DLife’s Network Steering Board.
- Assistance in the organization of the CGI 2010 conference in Singapore.
Member of Editorial Office for The Visual Computer
Oct 2006 – Sep 2010
- Management of all (>1000) research paper submissions from initial submission to publication.
- Assistance in the scheduling of each monthly issue including special issues.
Visiting Researcher at Nanyang Technological University
Jun 2010 – Jul 2010
- Assistance during the CGI 2010 conference in Singapore.
- Various demonstrations of VTO technology to academic and commercial visitors.
- Technology exchange with IMI related to the MIRALab’s Virtual Try On technology.
MSc in Computer Science
University of Twente Enschede, The Netherlands1999 to 2006
Thesis: Real-time shadows in Augmented Reality Environments.